Re: It's not a matter of money, Trevor

To: Patton Dickson <kpatton@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: It's not a matter of money, Trevor
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 20:08:04 -0500
Cc: "Larry G. Miller" <millerls@classic.msn.com>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Patton Dickson wrote:
> There are people who have had to resort to making their own
> parts that will work because the part available will not.
>
> Should I expect my cars parts to be the finest available, maybe not.  But I
> should expect that the quality be as good as what was on the car in the
> first place.

  There is another "expectation" here though that is less
reasonable.

  In order for it all to add up, it also has to be true
that the part you want in the quality you want is economically
sensible to be produced.

  *That* is what I am getting at.

  You may feel you have a right to top quality parts at
reasonable prices. However, Moss also has a right to
not enter in money losing propositions to redesign and
remanufacture parts that will never sell in enough
quantities to even recover costs.

  It's simply a fact of life that it's not always the
case. Setting up a production run of sidescreen snaps
of the highest quality to sell to only those who are
willing to pay premium... well... it just may not be
worth it.

  This is a capitalist world. If there is a market in
providing these parts, somebody will step in and do
it. It would seem that nobody has decided it is financially
worth doing.

  Nothing is stopping any of you from producing any
part you want and selling it for as much as you decide
is fair!

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada