Anti-sway bars

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Anti-sway bars
From: Gregory Kirk <gkirk@empirenet.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 15:51:01 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi gang,

With the Midget up on jack stands for the next while, and partially
disassembled, I figured it was time to as the list for it's infinite
wisdom.  Lil Gidget is a 62 Midget, and was equiped with an aftermarket
anti sway bar.  Now I have no inkling as to where this device came from,
but, I'm looking to replace it, with a similar model if at  all
possible  Now I'm far from an expert in mechanical terminology, but the
bar ended in ball joint, with a linkage going to another ball joint on a
pin that bolted though the A-Arm,  unlike the later (stock) model where
a plate was bolted to the A-Arm.  Unfortunately one end of the link died
a rather ugly death

Not wanting to drill additional holes in my A-Arms unless absolutely
necesssary, I'd like to find a replacement bar that would work the same
way.  Somehow I don;t think that's going to be an option though, since
the instalation didn't look very good.  Any ideas?  I mean besides
shooting the DPO at dawn...

Greg
Gidget, the 62 Midget
(Hey don't blame me for the name, my 8yr old daughter, Morgan, insists
on it )