[Fwd: Re: Has my engine been rebuilt?]

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Fwd: Re: Has my engine been rebuilt?]
From: Daniel Thompson <dthompson@gbc.ca>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 1997 21:35:02 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
--- Begin Message ---
To: Tyson Sherman <tsherman@tecinfo.com>,spridgets@autotox.team.net
Subject: Re: Has my engine been rebuilt?
From: Daniel Thompson <dthompson@gbc.ca>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 1997 21:27:12 -0500
Tyson Sherman wrote:

> s there any way to tell if the 1275 from
> my Midget has ever been rebuilt? The odometer
> shows less than 60,000miles and the car
> was used for 11 years (died in 84). I have
> the head removed from the block and would
> like to know if it has ever been rebuilt.
> The engine in question is at:
> http://www.tecinfo.com/~tsherman/1275engn.jpg
> Thanks,
> Tyson Sherman
> <http://www.tecinfo.com/~tsherman/>

If you have the head off, clean off the piston tops and you should see
some numbers such as: .020 or .030 or even .040 meaning the engine has
been rebuilt, bored, and larger pistons put in. If the engine was too
far gone for oversize pistons, it may have been sleeved and std. pistons
put in, in which case you should be able to see the sleeves.

Good luck,

Daniel Thompson
AN5L 612

--- End Message ---