Engine choice

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Engine choice
From: Valentine <valntine@postoffice.ptd.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 23:23:55 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
OK people I need your opinions..........

I have 2 1275 engines and I am planning to put one back in as stock and
customize the other.

The car is a 71 midget and the engine that was in it has 54000 miles on
it and it ran when I pulled it.  It is equipped with all the 71 stuff -
like generator, starter, oil cooler etc. ( in other words complete).

The other engine is out of a 74 and has an alternator, starter and NO
oil cooler.  I have never heard this one run, and don't know the mileage
or condition other than it turns by hand and the guy I bought it from
said it ran......

Which should I put in the car as stock and which should I rebuild for
performance?

All opinions are extremely welcome here!!!!

Thanks

Kevin Valentine
71 Midget