Re: question for the list

To: Spridget List <spridgets@triumph.cs.utah.edu>
Subject: Re: question for the list
From: Patton Dickson <kpatton@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 1997 08:24:37 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hey Guys,

I've only been married since May, so I'm not really sure if I'm getting
support more than acceptance...

While Melia and I were dating, I was living apart from my Sprite.  This
was all during the 7 year parking of the car, and she thought that I was
more of reminiscing of a project that I never would finish, than
something that would become a MAJOR part of my life. (I think someone
else used the word obsession)

After I got engaged, I also was transferred to Dallas from Mississippi,
as part of my acceptance of the transfer, I made the company move the car
as well.  So, not only did I move, for the first time since we have known
each other I had ability as well as the time and money to get the Sprite
back on the road.  Even though she was warned, she really had no idea
about how much I loved LBC's, and has been quite shocked to the amount of
time/money that I have dedicated to the car.

All this considered, she has let me have my fun.  But, she is semi quick
to point out my expenses, and really thinks that I may be trying to put
off home buying for the car habit (not true, I NEED a garage).

She says she will go to Spriterush with me, and really does look forward
to driving the car when it is roadworthy again.  For my birthday last
week she got me an original 100-Six Owners manual, and an original 58
Sprite owners Manual, so she has at least accepted the car partially. And
if I win my Fantasy Football league, she said that she would help buy the
Datsun gearbox, and I can use my winnings to get the rivergate 5-speed
kit.  At least I know that she cares enough about me to indulge me, and I
think that a running car will do wonders for her enthusiasm.

Patton

--
Patton Dickson                   Dallas, TX

1967 Austin-Healey Sprite H-AN9-L/69437
See My Austin-Healey Sprite Page
http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Shores/1256/page2.html