1275 Cracked head

Subject: 1275 Cracked head
From: Tyson Sherman <tsherman@tecinfo.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 1997 20:07:48 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi list.  I got the head to my 73 Midget back from the machine shop
today...this is the one that has sat outside for the last ten years or
so.  It came out clean, but they found a crack in the head.  The crack
is between the intake and exhaust valve seats in one of the cylinders
(either #2 or #3, I forget).  Also, five of the eight valve seats need
refacing (pitted a good bit).
So should I forget this head and use the engine from my 72?  The machine
shop says they can pressure-test the head to see if the crack will
remain or grow, so I guess I could do that.
Any suggestions or do I just toss the head.
Thanks,
Tyson
http://www.tecinfo.com/~tsherman