MKIV rollbars

To: Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MKIV rollbars
From: tobisj@aud.alcatel.com (Shawn J. Tobin)
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 97 09:38:55 CST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I have a Midget MKIII (compatible with Sprite MKIV) and have a rollbar that the
PO said
was modified from a Spitfire.  It mounts with two tubes saddled on the rear
wheelwells
and two tubes resting on the ledge just ahead of the wheelwells with a flat
extension
bolting through the heelboard a-frame box.  My top fits over it nicely and when
I lean
back in my new seats I can bump the back of my head on it.  My wife still
insists I keep
it.  I don't know if it would be any use in a roll-over but it looks right.  I
don't think
that a really useful rollbar would fit under a top but I like the asymmetrical
driver-only
ones some racers use.  Otherwise it's just a $200 trim piece.