Re: Tonneau Cover

To: MICHAEL_NOLAN@cuusa.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Tonneau Cover
From: Chuck Ciaffone <chuckc@ibm.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 12:11:07 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I use my tonneau lots in the sprint-summer-fall, cause
its too much trouble to put up the top when I leave the
car. The material itself is pretty water repellant.
However (and that's a BIG however), it lets water in
in places where it goes around the windscreen and those
little wing windows on the sides. The tonneau just does not
hug the inside of the body very well there. Where it overlaps
the doors and rear deck, its fine.  Oh yes, it does sag a little
after a long-ish rain, and form small puddles in the material. They
don't leak, but its difficult to get all the water out/off without
having some fall inside.

Still, its a very useful thing here in the south.

chuck

chuck ciaffone chuckc@ibm.net