Re: MACHINE SHOP WORK

To: Daryl May <mayfam@sprynet.com>
Subject: Re: MACHINE SHOP WORK
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 17:27:47 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

Daryl May wrote:

> Can anyone give me a typical OK price in a U.S. city for having the
> following done on a 1275 cc?
>
> (a) Cylinder honing (assuming I did not need reboring)
> (b) Cylinder reboring by 0.20"
> (c) Crankshaft taken down 0.10"
>
> Assume I did all the disassembly, delivery and pick-up.
>
> Your info will allow me to keep shopping around to a minimum.

My machine shop just charged me $20 for a dip and strip, this includes a
hone.$15 per hole to bore 0.30 Total of $60
$40 for a crankshaft regrind.
Cyl head shave and new guides installed $40
I supplied everything and he even replaced my cam bearings. Of course he
does an engine a year for me and I don't pressure him on time.

Good luck

--
Frank Clarici
Too many Sprites