Re: 1275 Temp sender

To: Rick / Carolyn Walters <walters@mail.softcom.net>
Subject: Re: 1275 Temp sender
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 10:26:21 -0800 (PST)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Rick,
there is an existing fitting below the radiator hose elbow.  It should be
plugged with a bolt right now.
IMPORTANT:  Do not screw the bulb in there directly, since it will
"bottom out" and bend.  Get the proper spacer for it.  Dick Burger of the
BPC was able to get it for me from Moss.  My bulb is bent from not using
the spacer.
Ulix

On Thu, 4 Dec 1997, Rick / Carolyn Walters wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving on this side of the pond.
>
> I'm presently setting the dash in place on Puddles.  Where does the
> temperature sender attach on the 1275 engine?
>
> I have a cross flow radiator, and the sending unit is to attach to the
> side of a down flow radiator.  But, since I have a 1275 and a cross flow
> where do I install the sending unit?
>
> I can mill a fitting into the head for it, but I need to know where the
> electric one attaches.  Then maybe I will enlarge the hole a little for
> a gas bulb type.
>
> Thanks one and all
>
> Rick
>
> 52 MGTD, 74 B, 76 XJ12C (wife's), & Puddles (60 Bugeye)
>
> http://www.softcom.net/users/walters
>
> _/\
> Who in the heck is General Failure, and what's he doing reading my
> disk?  :o7

                                                           '67 Sprite