Re: Motor selection

To: jim wright <wrightjg@the-bridge.net>
Subject: Re: Motor selection
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 18:16:10 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

jim wright wrote:

> This is my first time, please be patient.
>
> Looking for a rebuildable 1275 for my 65 Sprite.  Have a friend who has
> a boneyard in WI, visited him last week.  He pulled-up interchangeable
> 1275's from Hollanders' online.  The list follows:
>
> '66 Austin America, late MKII
> '67-73 Austin America MK II
> '67-74 Midget MK III
>  and of course 67-71 Sprite MK IV
>
> Any comments would be appreciated, especially anyone with experience
> with these swaps, looking for something that will bolt to my 65 ribcage.
> Les from PUDLJMPR suggested the 67-71 Sprite, there was no current
> availability in my 5 state area (MN, WI, IA, ND, SD).
>
> Thank you,

The Austin Americas will not work in a rear wheel drive car.They would be
great for a Mini. The transmission is in the sump.
Also the crankshaft is different on the AA, it has drop gears to accommodate
the trans and it is longer, also no flywheel/clutch as you are used to.
Stick with up to 74 Midget/Sprite No other car was imported to the US with a
1275.

--
Frank Clarici
Too many Sprites