Re: Bugeye Heater Switch

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Bugeye Heater Switch
From: "Phil Vanner" <pvanner@pclink.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 08:08:20 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Frank

I have the same kind of setup, a switch for the blower and no cable. Do you
leave the heater valve open at all times? I do, and I find that with the
flap open and the blower off I get a lot of hot air in the cockpit (then
shut up while you're driving, Phil...) I have to open and close the flap
from the engine compartment, but I find it more comfortable to have it
closed. The other trick I got from this list (Ulix maybe?) is that a
plastic one-pound coffee can lid fits over the blower intake perfectly and
cuts off airflow to the cockpit, but lets me leave the heater valve open to
improve coolant flow in the head.  I just pop it off it the early and late
season when I want heat.

Phil Vanner
The originality guys can look at my Lucas-original taillight lenses,
because that's all they're going to see.

> From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
> To: Chas Douglass <chasd@halcyon.com>
> Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
> Subject: Re: Bugeye Heater Switch
> Date: Wednesday, December 10, 1997 9:53 PM
>

> Chas Douglass wrote:
>
> > I haven't got an owner's manual for my '60 Sprite.  The heater switch
> > does nothing, so, in order to fix it, I need to know what it is
SUPPOSED