Re: got a little life in my sprite

To: Craig Soich <casoich@sgi.net>
Subject: Re: got a little life in my sprite
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 1997 11:04:40 -0800 (PST)
Cc: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On Sat, 13 Dec 1997, Craig Soich wrote:

> Hi gang,
>
>  I tried to start my sprite for the first time last night. It was
> turning (sounded extremely rough though, any ideas?), but wouldn't start
> up. Could I maybe have my spark plug lines going to the wrong plug from
> the distributor? Also, I have no turn signals or horn....?
>
> As always, words of advice and wisdom are greatly appreciated.
>
> Amy
> 67 Sprite MkIV

Amy,
look at you workshop manual.  There should be a diagram of the distributor
with plug wires attached, showing which one goes where.

What do you mean by it sounds rough?

Do you get a spark at the spark plug wires?
Is the ignition timing set correctly?  Static timing as per manual.
Is there fuel in the carb bowls?  To take lack of fuel out of the
equation, your could spray starting fluid into the carbs before starting.

Good Luck!

                                                           '67 Sprite