Re: Midget Clutch Slave problem...

To: rmadursk@galaxy.galstar.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Midget Clutch Slave problem...
From: richard.arnold@juno.com (Richard D. Arnold)
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 1997 09:52:59 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On Friday, 26 December 1997 at 20:25 Ron Madurski wrote:

RON>  ... It seems to work just fine except that there isn't enough
tra[v]el in the slave cylinder to disengage the clutch.  I think that
this is an old problem because the old slave cylinder had been modified
so that it would go in the mount farther, which in turn provides more
travel.  I'd rather not grind on my brand new slave cylinder if I don't
have to so I'm asking for suggestions.  The car is a 79 midget.

RICH's $0.02>  Ron, my guess is that your DPO was too cheap to buy a new
clutch push rod when it became worn.  Replace that, and it should end
your problems.  Moss Part 190-935 is for the '79 1500 Midget, and it
should cost about $10.00.  You'll probably want to get a new securing pin
for it at the same time -- $3.00 at the worst.

Luck,

Rich