Engine Reconditioning

To: spridgets list <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Engine Reconditioning
From: Guy Weller <GuyWeller@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 15:30:15 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi,  I have been "hanging out" on the MGs list for the last 3 months and
wondering why there was so little Spridget stuff on there.  Now I find that
you are all lurking just up the street on another list !!

I need advice on a 1275 engine  rebuild.
1)  Camshaft bearings are shot.  Workshop manual lists an expensive
sounding job of replacing them using a special tool and reamer.  I have
also been told that you just press out the old liners and press in new with
engineering adhesive to stop them spinning - no reaming required.  Anyone
done that job ?

2) Block needs a rebore, + 10 thou should be sufficient.  Current pistons
look good to use again.  Can this be done using oversize rings in standard
pistons or will I have to buy new +10  oversize pistons ?

Can anyone give advice ?

Guy