RE: Question: A-Arms

To: "'Lancer7676'" <Lancer7676@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Question: A-Arms
From: Dave Formstone <dformsto@compusmart.ab.ca>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 22:26:34 -0700
Cc: "'Sprite list'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi David, First off, it is better to silver solder the new bushing in rather
than brazing. Brazing requires a lot more heat and doesn't flow as well.
Before you start make sure everything is clean, down to bare metal. Install
both bushings so that they are 1" apart (check the distance on your A frames to
be sure they are the same) and centered between the flanges. Heat up the
smaller bushing first and silver solder it in place. Be careful not to move it.
If while it is still hot you splash cold water on the silver solder it will
remove most of the flux. Screw in your NEW outer fulcrum pin into the bushings.
You will need to rotate the lager bushing so that the threads line up properly.
Now that it is in place recheck the gap between the bushings. VERY CAREFULLY
REMOVE THE PIN MAKING SURE THE UNSOLDERED BUSHING STAYS PUT. Now silver solder
it in place. That's it your done.
Dave Formstone
1960 Bugeye