Re: Looking for pre-bent

To: SPRIDGETS@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Looking for pre-bent
From: john.kahoon@pcohio.com (John Kahoon)
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 1998 09:14:00 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
JC>ines

JC>I totally agree with Sal.  I've done the same on my Bugeye with professional
JC>looking results.  I borrowed my mechanics bubble flair tool.  It is special.
JC>The only other special tool you'll need though is your thumbs for bending.
JC>Another tip on bending steel is try not to re-bend something.  It cold works
JC>the steel and it becomes brittle.  A little re-bending won't hurt though.

JC>The only thing I differ with Sal on is the use of Pep Boys, Advance Auto,
JC>Western Auto, et al.  The maximum length line I have ever seen in these
JC>places is 5 ft.  As a result, my clutch line has a union in it (discretely
JC>hidden under the heater fan bracket).  For the brake line, I went to a local
JC>hydraulic supply house where I was able to buy a 10 ft length of 3/16".  I
JC>had previously used this place to purchase 12 ft of straight 1/4" stainless
JC>tube for my fuel line.  Stainless is harder to work with on tight bends
JC>without a bending tool.

 I found Bubble to double adapters for my midget ( some little non-giant
 auto store) You can then get all of the standard lines, of proper
 length to do the job, ( splices suck ).

John Kahoon
71 Midget
---
 þ SLMR 2.1a þ john.kahoon@pcohio.com

 _ _
|_|_| PC-OHIO Interactive * 216-381-3320 * telnet://bbs.pcohio.net
|_|_| Combining The Best BBS & The Web at http://www.pcohio.net