Vacuum Test

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Vacuum Test
From: "Larry and Sandi Miller" <millerls@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 08:17:29 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
With a vacuum gauge connected, at idle, the reading is zero.  As the engine
is revved to 2000 rpm, the needle fluctuates wildly, settles at about 14
inches, then slowly drops to almost zero. I have run the same test with a
Weber, and with the SU's installed, and with a new manifold gasket. The
valves, guides, etc. are all new as are the pistons and rings. The
compression is 155 lbs. on all cylinders with the engine at operating
temperature. I have not run a Leak-Down test. Any Ideas?

Larry Miller (millerls@msn.com)
59 Bugeye (Under Construction)
60 Bugeye (Undergoing 5-Speed Transplant)
78 911 SC (Faster than a Bugeye but not as much fun)