Re[2]: fasteners

To: "Hal Cummings"<halc@mazda.genauto.com>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re[2]: fasteners
From: Christopher Palmer <ctp@gbn.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 13:39:22 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hal (et al),

Don't get me wrong.  I NEVER thought economics was the point, but I have
known many people who go and buy the cheap stuff because they feel it's
'good enuf'.

I only use the 'coffee analogy', because it has been a good way of showing
those who balk at the price difference, that there isn't ANY reason not to
use grade 5 and 8 fasteners.

"Is your life worth the cost of 2 weeks of lattes??  I thought not!!"

What you say about washers is spot on.  I buy only the best washers...'AN'
I think they're called...they fit just right, and do the job they are
supposed to do, much better than junk washers.

CTP

ps-get on your soapbox as often as you want!  These are important issues,
and some of the points CAN NOT be stressed too much.

ok...here's your soapbox back  ;-)