Re: Bad Stuff

To: Larry and Sandi Miller <millerls@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: Bad Stuff
From: Joe & Heather Way <sierrasa@psln.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 11:53:10 -0800
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>, "Healey's" <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Larry and Sandi Miller wrote:

> Check this out if you haven't already seen it.
>
> This is all we need, something else to take our money. Send this to anyone
> else you might have e-mail addresses for. I received this along with a
> request to pass it along. Your local telephone company has filed a proposal
> with the FCC to impose per minute charges for your internet service. They
> contend that your usage has or will hinder the operation of the telephone
> network. E-Mail, in my opinion, will diminish if users are required to pay
> additional per minute charges. The FCC has created an email address for for
> comments, responses must be received by February 13, 1998. Send your
> comments to
>
>       isp@fcc.gov
>
> tell them what you think. Every phone company is in on this one, and they
> are trying to sneak it in just under the wire for litigation. Let everyone
> you know hear about this one. Get e-mail address to everyone you can think
> of. This is really important. If we have to pay for e-mail , the cost is
> going to skyrocket. It's about the only thing now that is cost-effective.
> Please make your opinions known to the FCC.
>
> Larry Miller (millerls@msn.com)
----
Easy, fellas. This thing is going around like mad these last few days.
This was settled by the FCC in May 1997 with a decision *not* to allow
local phone companies to charge minute access fees. There are some other
inquiries in progress at the FCC, but not this one. If you email that
address you will get an autoresponse stating (in more elegant language)
the same thing. We're OK (at least for now.)

Joe
--
==brake cylinders sleeved with brass==
==One-Wire conversions and rebuild