Fwd: FS: 4 wire wheels

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fwd: FS: 4 wire wheels
From: MHirsch424 <MHirsch424@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 23:59:13 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

--- Begin Message ---
To: spridgets@autox.tem.net
From: MHirsch424 <MHirsch424@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 23:55:39 EST

--- Begin Message ---
To: kpatton@worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: FS: 4 wire wheels
From: MHirsch424 <MHirsch424@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 23:47:47 EST
A word of warning here about wire wheels.  If they are worn or the spokes
loose
they will seriously affect handling.  My Midget has wire wheels, I know from
experience.

If you have to have the wheels tuned(trued?) I find the cost about the same as
new wheel.  This includes the repainting.

Also, getting tires mounted and/or tubes replaced is a real pain.  Most major
tire
dealers, (Sears, Firestone, etc.) will not touch anything that needs a tube.

I like the look of wire wheels, but still have not found out why (if) they are
better
then steel.  They are heavier, more expensive, more difficult to maintain.

Mike Hirsch
78 Midget
--- End Message ---
--- End Message ---