Compressor tanks?

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Compressor tanks?
From: jphender@soli.inav.net
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 09:47:24 -0600 (CST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sorry about this not being directly related to Spridgets.

My Dad has a 20 year old 2.5 HP Sears compressor whose tank has rusted
through on the bottom.  Since I will be painting in a couple of months I
would like to borrow it and, as rent, repair it to working order.

Grainger has a few replacement "Speedaire" tanks that I can get for $100
to $150.  They are from 11 to 20 gallons and can handle from 125 to 145
psi.  These have wheels and mounting plates, top mounted fittings etc.

Does anyone know of a better solution or a cheaper source for replacement
tanks?  For the compressor/motor combination that he has what is a optimal
reservoir size for painting?  What pressure do I need for painting?
(Regular gun - not HVLP).  What pressure for air wrenches?

Thanks in advance!

Jim Henderson

'69 Sprite MKIV HAN9U78817G