Tie Rod Gaiters

To: spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Tie Rod Gaiters
From: chasdoug@gte.net
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 22:13:17 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Working on the front brakes I've also discovered a leaking tie rod
gaiter is responsible for ONE of those puddles on the garage floor.
Already got the replacement from Moss, but now I realize I will somehow
have to fill this thing with hypoid oil through a grease fitting.

So, how do I do THAT?

I see MiniMania (I think it was) sells a small ball joint splitter as
well as a separator -- any opinions on the use of these?

Thanks!

(Finally got the stuck inner bearing race off the left-front axle -- yay
for Dremel and the cutoff wheel [which has now been dubbed "special tool
18G 146"] -- and I've found a local place with hubs that I can pick up
tomorrow!  I could actually be driving this thing within a week or so!)

Chas Douglass -- Seattle WA