Re: Help with 2 WS Quest.

To: Palmer Family <amesfolks@snovalley.com>
Subject: Re: Help with 2 WS Quest.
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 01:24:31 -0800 (PST)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On Wed, 28 Jan 1998, Palmer Family wrote:
> 1.  Are there gaskets between the body and the base of the windshield
> wipers? (underneath the slanted chrome part)

Yes.

> 2. what oil or lube should I use to lube the shaft that turns the
> wipers(inside the tube)?

Multipurpose grease.

> 3. how do you get the (aluminum?) caps of the doors( the part that should
> be covered in vinyl, that is round on the inside of the doors).  I need to
> get these off to recover them.

There are two small studs going from the rails through the door metal and
have little nuts on them. One near the front, one near the rear of the
door.  You need a wrench (forgot the size) and small
hands to get to them.  The studs are in a horizontal direction, so inside
the door the nuts are on the inner vertical part of the door (just to
confuse you a little).

Have fun!

                                                           '67 Sprite