Re: Front Hubs

To: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: Front Hubs
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 12:07:45 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
No I haven't, since I got the setup I wanted with the stuff I had.  2 Deg is
too much for the tires I use, I get quite equal tire temps across the tread
with about 1 deg. Neg.  I use Dunlop 450L-13 204 compound, run about 28#
tire pressure.  Slow, hard tires, but that's what VARAC wants to see on the
cars, so there you go.  Also, with a 3/4" sway bar and 550# springs, I don't
get much body roll.

BTW, I sold the car last weekend, now I'm prepping it for the new owner to
race. Anybody interested in an almost new aluminium flywheel and
Quartermaster clutch setup for a 948?  Two races on them and I'll sell for
30% less than I paid.

Also BTW, I have a 1275 short block race motor, great condition, 5 races
from fresh, now looking for a car to run in.  Elgin cam ( about 300 deg
duration) vernier cam sprockets, all ARP fasteners in motor.

Brian

Brian