Re: Access to Slave Cylinder on datsun Gearbox

To: chuckc@ibm.net
Subject: Re: Access to Slave Cylinder on datsun Gearbox
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 1998 19:00:35 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
chuckc@ibm.net wrote:

> Hey all you 5-Speeders,
>
> After you install the Datsun 5-speed in the
> chassis, suppose you want to remove the clutch
> slave cylinder (perhaps you want to pull the
> engine/gearbox again, but do not want to have
> to re-bleed the system). Can you get at the
> top mounting bolt?  How?
>
> chuck

Hey, I already pulled my engine twice since the 5 speed went in 2 weeks
ago. I even replaced the engine.
I just left the tranny where it was. I did not pay attention to the top
bolt.
Does this mean we have just 1 more inaccessible bolt on our Sprites?
The Datsun swap makes starter removal a snap, it also makes clutch bleeding
a bit more civilized. The 5 speed slave can not be as bad as the original
set up with access through a little hole, can it?
--
Frank Clarici
Seeing all of you at Sprite Rush 98