Re: kinpins shoulder shims followup

To: Sprite List <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>, MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: kinpins shoulder shims followup
From: Patton Dickson <kpatton@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 1998 11:02:52 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hey Guys,

I just talked to Peter at World Wide Auto Parts of Madison, and he had two
interesting bits of information for me.  First, he can get all of the
kingpins shoulder shims I want in .005", .015", &.032".  So there is a source
for them now that MOSS, Mini Mania, Vicky Brit, Motorhead, or about anyone
else I called that doesn't carry them.  I guess I really didn't buy the last
five in the US.

Store their address away in case you ever need these.  They specialize in NOS
parts and precision parts and remanufacturing, like king pins.

Their address is.

World Wide Auto Parts of Madison
2517 Seiferth Rd. Madison WI USA 53716
(608)223-9400  fax 223-9403 WATS (800)362-1025
http://www.mailbag.com/users/nosimport/

He also suggested that instead of shimming the king pin shoulder, try
reducing the bronze thrust washer.  That makes sence, and make for a quicker
fix.  I'm going to play with the old washer, and see how that works out.
I'll let you know.

Alan Fisher also had a great idea I wanted to pass on for cutting shim
stock.  He suggested clamping the shim stock between two pieces of thin
plywood, and drilling the hole through both, this would keep the shim stock
from tearing.  Sounds like a winner tip to me.  Thanks Alan!!

Well, I think that THIS trauma is nearly over, next the 1275 come out
(fingers crossed that the nitrite crank is really in there)

--
Patton Dickson---Dallas, TX---1967 A-H Sprite---H-AN9-L/69437
My Sprite Site http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Shores/1256/page2.html

Hey LBC'ers come to Spriterush - Carlisle PA, May 11-14
Go to http://www.exit109.com/~spritenut for more information
Sprites-Midgets-Minis-Minors-Big Healeys-MG's other BMC models are welcome.