Re: Floor Insulation

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>, "Healey Mail List" <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>, "g.gable" <g.gable@csu-e.csuohio.edu>
Subject: Re: Floor Insulation
From: "Leo Speichinger" <ldsp@flash.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 20:01:55 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I have had a spray in bedliner in my truck for about 5 yrs now and have zero
rust in the floor and it continuously set outside which I am sure your
healey does not?? They do not remove the factory paint, primer or anything.
They take scotchbrite and scuff the factory topcoat to remove the gloss. For
rust to start there has to be a bare metal place with out any protection or
a porous substance without any protection, same reason you put a sealer over
primer.

Make sure that your undercarriage is equally as well protected as the rust
can also come from underneath the car.

Leo