Crankshaft sprocket!!

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Crankshaft sprocket!!
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 1998 14:36:45 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
While we are in the area, talking about removing Bob's Crankshaft bold, I have
a related problem, and one Bob may discover when the bolt finally succumbs.  I
had to fashion a puller in order to remove my stuck crankshaft timing
sprocket.  It finally came off.

My question is -- should I do anything like fine sand the crankshaft where the
sprocket slides over in order to make refitting easier or even possible?  Or
should I just heave ho with a might hammer and pound the sucker on?  The keys
will not come out of their seat so I just left them there.  Any other ideas
are welcome.

And good luck Bob.  I have had some luck using Army Surplus Rifle Bore Cleaner
as a rust buster.

-----David
     '67 Sprite MKIV, Vicky