Doors flying open

To: spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Doors flying open
From: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@icx.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 13:47:14 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I haven't been very active on the list lately because I haven't been
doing any work on the car.  I started a new job and bought a house that
I am remodeling, so that's taking all my time.  Hopefully I'll be done
with all that soon.

Anyway...I had a flatbed tow truck thingy move my car from my brother's
garage to my new one, and had a friend meet the truck there because I
couldn't be there.  There is no hardware on the body for the doors, so
they don't latch.  Silly me forgot to mention that to everybody
involved, and hoped (deep down) they would notice that the doors were
left open and wouldn't latch when they went to shut them, but they
didn't notice.  Chalk it up as experience.  So they put the car on the
truck and drove down the road, doors opening and closing the whole way.
Since the car is just a body, there were no retaining straps to hold
them in place.  The metal on the outside that the hinges ran into is
bent out a little.  Is there anything else I should look at for damage
that may not be noticeable?

Thanks!

adrian