RE: 1500 Midget grinds hard when engaging clutch

To: Eric Mumford <mumford@rpi.edu>
Subject: RE: 1500 Midget grinds hard when engaging clutch
From: "Nolan, Michael F." <Michael_Nolan@cuusa.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 15:02:00 -0500
Cc: "'spridge'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Eric,

Since you replaced the motor, maybe its a motor mount !!
 ----------
From: Eric Mumford
To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: 1500 Midget grinds hard when engaging clutch
Date: Thursday, February 19, 1998 1:44PM

I've put about 75 miles on my new block without major catastrophe - my
fuel line broke a few days ago but I'm back on the road now.

Everytime I engage the tranny, there's thisawful grinding thatseems
tocome from the front passenger side of the car.   You can really feel
it and really hear it.  My current theory is that the block vibrates
violently from the low-end torque and rams the header down-pipe into the
chassis since it sits about a half-inch from it.  But I'm not sure if
this is it.

It's like I'm fighting this "grinding" constantly - it doesn't feel like
the car is outputting as much power as it should.  It is more noticable
in 1st and 2nd, not so much in higher gears.

I think it was present before I rebuilt the engine - I fear its a
drivetrain issue but I'm unsure where the culprit is exactly.

Any suggestions on this one?

eric
 __.o,\____  *       Eric Mumford          *   ('v')  -> BA-KUK!
/__ \ /  _ ) *      mumford@rpi.edu        *  ((   ))