Re: Can anyone get wheelspin on a 1500?

To: Eric Mumford <mumford@rpi.edu>
Subject: Re: Can anyone get wheelspin on a 1500?
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 22:41:28 -0800 (PST)
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On Mon, 23 Feb 1998, Eric Mumford wrote:
> I can't spin my rear wheels.  Well, except in mud.  But pavement -
> nothing.  My clutch just kind of slips into gear.  Now don't get me
> wrong, it slips into gear really quickly - but it won't peel out or
> anything.  Does anyone else's stock 1500 gearbox allow them to lay down
> rubber?

Eric,
I can "lay down rubber" if I have to in my car, but it is not much fun
since because of the leaf spring suspension I get a lot of wheel hop and
not much else.  When I get new shocks this should get a little bit better.
On the other hand, if you plan on doing a lot of burnouts, you should
probably stock up on axle shafts... :-)

I don't really know what you mean by "my clutch slips into gear".
If you you don't get blue clouds coming from your rear fenderwells, you
are either not revving it enough before you dump the clutch, or your
clutch is slipping. :)

Have fun,

                                                           '67 Sprite