Re: Header & Exhaust

To: AHSprite78@aol.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Header & Exhaust
From: ric_bergstrom@juno.com (Richard L. Bergstrom)
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 18:49:26 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On Mon, 23 Feb 1998 11:58:10 EST AHSprite78@aol.com writes:
>I have a '67 Sprite with the 1275 engine, the pacesetter header, and
>the Monza
>free flow exhaust.  I don't think that it's too loud but, it not
>exactly
>quiet.  It really looks great.  I don't know about the webers, I've
>got SU's.
>
>Matthew Smith
>'67 Sprite
>'73 Midget (parts car)

I am running 45 DCOE Weber.  Header is unknown....appears to be Chrome
all three pipes join just below carbs in a 2" collector that is vertical.
 (anyone know what it is???)

Run to a 2" pipe that turns across the back of the car and runs thru a
glasspack turned around backwards.

I think I have too much pipe.  (even with cams, flowed head 1.5:1 rockers
and bigger valves)
I think I'd have better midrange with a smaller (1.75-1.5" pipe) or some
form of back pressure.
It does have great top end.
It is too loud when you are really on it, but you can tread lightly
around town and not raise any eyebrows.

Tried it with a cheapy muffler and it sounded flatulent!

Thought I might try a Super trapp...any experience with these??

Ric Bergstrom,  Richmond,  VA
1973 Midget  1275    '88 240 Volvo   '92  F150    '74 Midget  1275
(apart!)
Central Virginia MG Classics, AMGBA, VMSC
Please stand by for shamless plug from JUNO..........

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]