Bugeye tach

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Bugeye tach
From: "Hanna, Mark" <mhanna@ball.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 14:52:45 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
There is a tech info article in PDLJMPR regarding putting
the face from a mechanical (Bugeye) tach onto a latter
electric tach. Because I'm installing a 1275 with an alternator
into my Bugeye, I would like to do this modification to my tach.My
question is this : The electric tach ('65 Sprite) has
a scale of 0-7,000 RPM ,the mechanical (Bugeye) tach has
a scale of 0-6,000 RPM . Has any one done this modification ? Do I need
to recalibrate the electric tach ?
If so , how ?
                         Thanks,
                                    Mark Hanna