New engine is running great!

To: spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: New engine is running great!
From: Eric Mumford <mumford@rpi.edu>
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 1998 14:23:05 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Just a note to you all - just came back from a trip in the Midget to
Cambridge MA and back (to Troy NY) - have about 550 miles on the new
engine and it's running smooth.  Got just under 30mpg on the trip - 200
miles to a tank.  Gonna re-torque the head soon and do the oil.

Also re-filled the tranny fluid.  I think there were more metal shavings
in there than gear oil.

I am leaking oil a lot (like half a quart) when I shut the engine off -
I think it might actually be coming out of the dipstick holder!  I
really don't think it's leaking out of the oil pan, and the drips marks
on the pavement under the car are way ahead of the tranny and not on the
side of the block where the oil cooler attachment & filter are.  Wierd.

 __.o,\____  *       Eric Mumford          *   ('v')  -> BA-KUK!
/__ \ /  _ ) *      mumford@rpi.edu        *  ((   ))
 (+)`---(+)  * http://travolta.stu.rpi.edu * --"---"--o