Mystery Piece

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Mystery Piece
From: KGROWLER@aol.com
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 1998 22:38:37 -0500 (EST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I was cleaning out a 1969 Midget parts car I have this weekend and almost
swept away an interesting little label or cover. It's 5/8" X 7/8" with the
bottom end radiused. The top third has the word "LIFT" on a blue background
and the bottom third has a BMC rosette in blue and red on the silver metal
background. It was glued onto something. I've never seen one on a car or in a
catalog. Sound familiar to anyone? The only things I've ever seen on an MG
that said 'lift' are on the top frame header bar, on an MGA gas cap, and on a
1500 Midget shift knob for reverse - none of which seem to apply. Maybe this
car was originally equipped with an elevator? The car also has a fanbelt that
says "MOWOG" on it.

Thanks,

Kim Tonry
Downers Grove, Illinois, USA