Seat Foams for 78 Midget

To: Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Seat Foams for 78 Midget
From: Mymgmidget <Mymgmidget@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 1998 20:39:03 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi everyone,    Had to get away from cleaning, degreasing, and painting the
engine compartment !!  I Just removed the seat vinyls off the front seat.
Replacing the back and bottom foam and diaphram.  A few questions;

1) Do you have to remove all the glue that is left on the backside of the
vinyl ??  If so, how ???

2) The cardboard back on the seat...  Can I replace it with just regular hard
cardboard ???  Any alternatives ???

3) I have an electric staple gun.  What size staples should I use to attach
the vinyl at the seat back/bottom ???

4)  What kind of glue should I use to glue the seats to the foam.  I know
there is upolstery glue but that stays sticky, doesnt it ???

5)  I ordered the diaphram from Moss...  Its a late RB Midget.  The clips on
the diaphram didnt line up with the existing holes... Drilled two more holes
and away we go !!!  Anyonelse have this problem ???

Thanks,
Mike