results of compression test

To: Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: results of compression test
From: robert weeks <robert@woozy.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 16:14:30 -0400
Cc: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hello,

I've been trying to decide whether to do a full rebuild on my engine
or just replace the bearings and leave it at that for now. Unfortunately,
I think Uncle Sam is going to want any spare cash I have come April 15th.
So money is getting a little tight for a rebuild.

I went and got a compression tester to see how the rings are and here
are the results:

cylinder #1 no oil 190lbs/psi  oil 265lbs/psi
         #2 no oil 175lbs/psi  oil 275lbs/psi
         #3 no oil 170lbs/psi  oil 265lbs/psi
         #4 no oil 185lbs/psi  oil 270lbs/psi

This makes no sense to me as the Bently book says 120lbs/psi is the
proper reading for the 1275 series A. I took all of the measurements
twice and came up with the same thing both times.

Does anyone have any insight to these readings? I'd appreciate any help
I can get.

TIA,

Robert Weeks
Durham NC