More ? SU Pumps

To: Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: More ? SU Pumps
From: Mark Endicott <endicott@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 14:16:51 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Now I am down to the details.  My car has a after market fuel pump
that does not use any of the original fuel pump vent lines.  I have
rebuilt an SU pump, it's ready to install but (as usual) I have a
question.  On my original type pump there are two vents, one on the
pump body and one on the plastic cap that covers the points.  I still
have the plastic "T" fitting that is in a hole in the boot.  I am
guessing that the vent on the pump body connects to a hose that in
turn connects to the "T" fitting in the boot, but what about the vent
on the plastic cover.  Is it supposed to connect to anything or just
vent under the car?

Thanks again!
--
Mark