Pedal Box

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Pedal Box
From: Bob@itgonline.com (Bob)
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 17:07:40 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
To all who offered help,

Thanks for the offered help.  This was the first time I needed to use the
resources of the
spridgets net and was very pleased with the response.  I was really running
scared that I was
not going to get my car completed in time for the Sprite Rush.

I again spoke to Bill Perry at Rivergate and it appears that what was happening
on my car is
I was overpowering the pressure plate with the 7/8th" bore master cylinder
which was standard on the Bugeye.
When I was under the car watching the cylinder action I could not figure out
why the clutch fork was moving
over 1.5 inches but the clutch was not released.

Bill said that what I was doing was releasing the clutch then the pressure
plate would reverse action and then close
up on the clutch disk.  I tried pushing the pedal only a little and guess what?
 The clutch works and the transmission
shifts like slicing butter.  The clutch is very easy to push to the point of
release almost too easy.
I like it!

Has any other 5 speeders experienced this?  If so how did you set up a pedal
limit to keep from overpowering the pressure plate?

Again thanks for all the help, see you all at Sprite Rush.

Bob Magnotti
59 RHD 5 Speed Sprite
Fairfax, VA