Re: a few misc. questions

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: a few misc. questions
From: CONAN@RALVM8.VNET.IBM.COM
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 98 17:46:46 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
>>Can anyone tell me how hard it is to swap headrests on 70s midget
>>seats?  I seem to recall someone commenting that it was really
>>tough without trashing the seat cover.

  Dunno about putting them back -in-, but getting them -out- can be rather
entertaining, and not obviously destructive... :-)
  The only tonneau I had available was for a non-headrest car.  We couldn't
figure out any release mechanism for my headrests, so my friend climbed into
the back of the car and used both hands to pull up as hard as he could on
one.
  After resisting for a while, the headrest released -suddenly-!
  Headrest flew twenty feet thru the air, friend fell over the back of the
car, rest of us rolling on the floor laughing.
  Havn't tried putting one back in though.
         Ed in NC
         '73 Midget 'Emma G.'