Re: engine rebuild questions

To: "robert weeks" <robert@woozy.com>, "spridget list" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: engine rebuild questions
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 11:54:45 +1100
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Change the cam. I had the Kent MD266 in redcar. It is still smooth at idle
but produces great midrange. As far as I can tell it gave up nothing and
produced more torque and HP. It has no noticable vices. If you are happy to
take
a slightly lumpy idle, you could go go to a MD276 or equivilent for more
torque
and HP from around 2000 RPM.

A few people make non-roller tipped 1.5:1 rockers. I know speedwell in LA
produce a set and they cost significantly less than the roller tip variety.
They come
as a complete assembly with a hardened rocker shaft, towers etc.

Mike