Re: K & N air filters

To: trummel@caa.army.mil
Subject: Re: K & N air filters
From: pprofili@hercii.mar.lmco.com (Phil Profili)
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 11:24:38 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
You're right in that, yes, one should take these factors into account.

My personal experience, however, has been good - I have stuck with parts that I
know I am unlikely to return.   The steering wheels and K&Ns would be good
examples of that.  My latest order was for $500 dollars worth of parts that
incurred no duty.

There are also some parts that are not available here, so one has no choice
other than to order them from the UK (I just received new front sidelights with
clear glass and two bulbs each - one with an orange cap - to allow me to have
white sidelights but orange indicators).

> From trummel@caa.army.mil Wed Mar 18 10:46:18 1998
> From: Trummel <trummel@caa.army.mil>
> Subject: Re: K & N air filters
> To: pprofili@hercii.mar.lmco.com
> Cc: dwramsey@worldnet.att.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
>

>Please allow me to jump in here for just a moment with a
>couple of words about buying parts from overseas from
>someone who's been there, done that:
>
>First, you may end up paying duty.  You also may not.  No
>hard and fast rules, but generally the bigger and "more
>interesting" your order, the more likely that it will be
>intercepted by Customs, delayed, and you will pay something.
>This can negate some or all of your anticipated savings.
>
>Second, returns are a hassle.  International postage is
>generally expensive and usually slower, and of course you're
>then dealing with people a long ways away who know that you
>won't be "in their face" anytime soon.
>
>I'm not saying don't do it, and I'm not saying that I don't
>do it myself on rare occasion, but there is a downside to
>the apparent bargain prices on parts purchased off shore.
>
>Good luck.
>Reid

 |.___/    ""-.____/ |      /| Email: pprofili@hercii.mar.lmco.com   |
<||  Phil Profili  __|-----<-| Phone: (770) 494 1287                 |