Anyone using Aldon Rally Distributor?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Anyone using Aldon Rally Distributor?
From: ric_bergstrom@juno.com (Richard L. Bergstrom)
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 1998 19:27:37 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hello all!

I am using and Aldon Rally (I think) distributor.  It appears to have
about 20 degrees of mechanical advance coming in by about 3500 RPM.

I am trying to figure out where it needs to be for best power.

Currently I have it set so at 1000 rpm it is at about 5 degrees BTDC.  I
think I could probably get away with more....but too much and I'll melt
something.

I have been trying road tests and listening for "pinking" and haven't
heard any..but it would be hard to hear over the Weber and the Glasspack.

Anyone have any experience or words of wisdom?

Related question...I know timing advanced too much can cause
overheating...how about timing that is too late?

Ric Bergstrom,  Richmond,  VA
1973 Midget  1275    '88 240 Volvo   '92  F150    '74 Midget  1275
(apart!)
Central Virginia MG Classics, AMGBA, VMSC