Re: Daily driver

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, jsharpe@501studios.com
Subject: Re: Daily driver
From: pprofili@hercii.mar.lmco.com (Phil Profili)
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 13:39:44 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
My current Sprite is a restoration project at the moment - but my first car
out of university was a midget (76) which I used as a daily driver to commute
between Surrey/Hampshire into London for about 4 years.  I replaced it with
an even older and rarer (read - harder to get parts for) Reliant Scimitar Coupe
that was my twice weekly transport between Hampshire and Somerset (100 miles
each way) until my arrival in the States.  A classic is certainly a viable daily
commuter proposition - as long as one realises that it needs a little tender
loving care and attention.  I experienced one or two hiccups during those
years, but the fun and distinction of owning and using something that very
few people would even consider owning or using far outweighs the disadvantages
(in my opinion). Miatas and Z3s have their place - but they are becoming so
common that they very rarely turn heads.

> From spridgets-owner@autox.team.net Tue Mar 31 13:14:11 1998
> From: Jeff Sharpe <jsharpe@501studios.com>
> Subject: Re: Daily driver
> To: spridgets@autox.team.net
>
> On Tue, 31 Mar 1998, Editors, Molecular Vision wrote:
>
> I agree that many do not use their LBCs as God intended. But, quite a
> few of us do use our spridgets as daily or semi-daily drivers. How about
> a head count?
>
> One more head to count.  Kathy's Midget had been asleep for five years
> until it's resurrection, and now it's on the road every day (almost!),
> with or without the top.

 |.___/    ""-.____/ |      /| Email: pprofili@hercii.mar.lmco.com   |
<||  Phil Profili  __|-----<-| Phone: (770) 494 1287                 |
 |`,...____...---"'         \| 'scuse me while I fix my tie          |