HELP Steering wheel removal

To: jimrowan@uic.edu
Subject: HELP Steering wheel removal
From: Trummel <trummel@caa.army.mil>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 98 12:29:07 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Jim,

Had the same problem myself some months ago.  I soaked the
splines-steering wheel interface with WD40 and let it sit
for a few days.  Then I soaked it some more and let it sit
some more.

Then I used all of my accumulated knowledge and expertise in
automobile maintenance and repair, and I HIT THAT SUCKA WID
A HAMMA!!

Well, maybe not exactly a *hammer* -- more like a rubber
mallet, tapping gently but deliberately from the back of the
steering wheel, on and near the hub, until it broke free.
Actually it didn't take much hammering.

Pulling on it had not worked at all, but the mallet broke it
loose in short order, without using much force.  Good luck.

Cheers,
Reid