Re: MG MIDGET MKIII

To: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: MG MIDGET MKIII
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 1998 21:47:18 -0500
Cc: Spridgeteers <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>, Jose_lomba@tecnidata.pt
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

Adrian Jones wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>                  Can anybody help this dude out?  Thanks, Adrian  (Please
> cc me, so I know someone is contacting him)
>
> Message text written by INTERNET:Jose_Lomba@TecniData.pt
> >Best regards,
>
> I am from Portugal and I have a recently aquired, beautiful Tartan RED
> Midget.
> The model is the 1300cc RWD, Roun wheel arch.
>
> As it was from England, and I am from Portugal, I need a steering box
> and all related items to  start driving on the left.
> I think that you can help, so I would like to know the availability of
> this equipment and a dashboard for my car, with the left steering wheel.
>
> Waiting for your kind reply,
>
> Jose Lomba
> Email
>
> Jose_lomba@tecnidata.pt<

Jose

I have a few left hand drive steering racks and dash boards.
The dash is of the earlier (US) metal type.
It will work on your Midget if it is UK spec.
No collapsable steering column on your car, right?
The US dash takes the earlier toggle switches not the rocker switches as yours
has.

I know this will work for you since I have converted a 73 Midget to right hand
drive using the UK rocker switch dash. Minor wiring will have to be done.

I can ship you the parts on an even trade deal.
You fit my spares to your car and when you have it finished, just send me your
right hand drive dash and rack.

If this is OK with you, let me know

Frank Clarici
spritenut@exit109.com