Re: Fattest Tire on 13x6 MiniLite Rim?

To: "Ulix Goettsch" <ulix@u.washington.edu>, "Jay Quinn" <jpquinn@cyberramp.net>
Subject: Re: Fattest Tire on 13x6 MiniLite Rim?
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 10:19:27 +1000
Cc: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Please, before you use them, get them checked. Magnesium wheels,
particular older ones, are notorious for cracksm, internal cavities and
porosity problems.

I'd hate to see you crash you car because a wheel failed. On top of that
magnesium burns extremely fast and hot. If it failed, it may take out the
rest
of your car in a hot fiery blaze.

If they have ever seen racing miles in the hand of a PO, I'd be even more
suspicious.

At minium, use penetrant dye - you can order it from places like pegasus
racing supplies or talk to the maintenance guys at the nearest light
aircraft
airfield - they will know of testing facilities in the area that can do the
dye
penetrant or magnafluxing. I'd prefer magnafluxing. If you don't want to
take
any chances you can also get them x-rayed.

Mike