Re: Wanted: Heat Shield

To: Spridgeteers <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Wanted: Heat Shield
From: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 08:05:00 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Message text written by INTERNET:b-evans@ix.netcom.com
>How different is it from a 948 heat shield?  Frank Clarici would
probably know if the extra one I have can be modified to use.  If so,
you are welcome to it as an early Christmas present (it does need a
couple of welds).<

Bob,
         That's pretty decent of you!  Unfortunately, they are totally
different.  In 1975 the poor old Midget got stuck with the Triumph engine
and single ZS carb.  The new heat shield looks like a tray to catch
dripping fuel from the carb and is attached to the carb, there's a picture
in the Moss catalog.  From what I believe, and I may be wrong,  in 1976
they changed this heat shield to one that apparently bolted on to the
manifold and was made from metal on one side and asbestos on the other.
This does not fit the 1975's either.

Thanks anyway,    Adrian