Re: 18 Volts Output ?

To: Bob@itgonline.com (Bob)
Subject: Re: 18 Volts Output ?
From: Randell Jesup <Randell.Jesup@scala.com>
Date: 13 Apr 1998 21:32:04 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Bob@itgonline.com (Bob) writes:

>I have been working very hard to get me Sprite ready for the Sprite Rush
>and have finally got the car road worthy.  One of the modifications I
>put on the car is the Mitsubisi alternator.  It works great...I think.
>When I take a voltage reading I am getting 18 volts of output.  I am taking
>this reading across the battery terminals.
>This does not sound correct.  My headlights are brighter then I have ever seen
>them but

        Sounds like there's no regulator built into the alt or it's dead;
with a regulator you shouldn't be seeing much more than 13.5-14V.

        If you keep running it like this you may burn out things (bulbs,
coil, relays perhaps, etc) and overcharge/blow your battery.

--
Randell Jesup, Scala US R&D, Ex-Commodore-Amiga Engineer class of '94
Randell.Jesup@scala.com